JOB ADVERT – Stores Supervisor
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 91 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do.
Full time – 40 hours per week
Primary Location: Southampton and Hythe
Lead and manage the team to develop and maintain best practice stores and line-side delivery service models to govern and control the receipt and issue of materials to the point of consumption. Providing a high level of internal customer service in accordance with defined processes and internal “Service Level Agreements”.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance at all stores / line-side material provisioning environments in accordance with legislation and Oyster Yachts policies.
- Drive the day to day, management, efficiency and quality of the stores / line-side operation, ensuring OTIFQ delivery to all internal customers.
- Development and coaching of team members through regular formal and informal reviews, identifying training needs and succession planning requirements.
- Responsible for resource planning and maintaining resource levels to achieve SLA targets in line with agreed budget/costs.
- Work with Procurement, Production and Engineering providing material transparency throughout the Supply Chain and provide accurate feedback in relation to BOM / PO delivery / and consumption dates.
- Challenge the “status quo “, own and develop improvement initiatives and ensure adherence to formalised material management processes, continually working towards and aligning with GMP, WCM and GDP.
- Provision of management reports, KPI’s and detailed data views to provide insight and support decision making.
- Handling and moving material from internal and external supply to Oyster stores and line-side locations.
- Establish and manage a robust stores receipting quality inspection process ensuring materials delivered are as per purchase specification / drawings.
- Organising and executing regular stores and line-side stock checks.
- Ensuring return of material to stores not required by production and organising / supporting return to supplier.
- Implement FIFO material working practices and where required, ensure all serial and batch numbers are recorded in Oyster Yachts business system (NAV).
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation and best practice in the handling and storage of materials in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstratable management experience in a similar materials control position.
- A detailed understanding of stock control, Warehouse Management and Material Planning systems.
- Skilled in the delivery of business change and project implementation from concept through to operational.
- Proficient user of Microsoft office tools.
- Knowledge of marine industry.
- Experience of ERP, MRP and WMS implementations.
- Managing Warehouse relocation projects
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at [email protected]