Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced and passionate individual to work as a Group Quality and Lean Manufacturing Manager in our Operations team in Wroxham.
Full time – 40 hours per week
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Design and Implement a robust end to end total quality system which involves all major stakeholders including the external supply chain as one team. All major processes fall within this remit working towards ISO certification.
- Ensure the build manuals and task system are current and relevant, changes are implemented and communicated fully and build documentation meets compliance and conformance.
- Monitor and report cost of Quality.
- Identify root cause of warranty and component product failure issues and feedback to the manufacturing teams with a resolution plan to eliminate future issues. Utilise 8D and other problem-solving tools to implement solutions to on-going problems.
- Monitor the return of completed build logs / task system for each boat, produce electronic formats for warranty/customer service use and record on the Quality Improvement information sheet.
- Assist with applications to notified bodies for certification.
- Assist with data input to CE Pro Technical Files (TCF) For Notified Body / CE certification, approval and file.
- Identify, monitor and approve resolutions where quality issues have been identified.
- Liaise with Production teams on new development projects, monitoring sub-contract companies and organisations involved in the Oyster manufacturing process as well as Software quality assurance (SQA) process.
- Be responsible for the quality control audits within shipyards and offices.
- Audit the Oyster quality system identifying areas for improvement including stage to stage audits.
- Assist the manufacturing teams to identify and continually challenge the normal hours of construction, drive a culture of improved manufacturing hours year on year.
- Assist and train key stakeholders on Lean principles and techniques.
- Lead and guide the site quality teams on matters such as marine compliance and industry best practices.
- Drive improvements on quality performance to enhance the customer experience and to reduce the Cost of Poor Quality internally and externally.
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with Design and Warranty; setting and maintaining controls and documentation procedures; monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports (KPI’s) for the Senior team.
- Ensure appropriate leading KPIs are in place and are monitored and reviewed in a timely manner.
OTHER GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Appraisal of new equipment.
- Assisting other staff members, the company generally or members of the wider Oyster community with any issue within your skill set.
- Taking responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Good knowledge of a regulated Quality Management System.
- Degree in Quality, Engineering or similar field.
- Lead on customer-focused culture throughout the organisation.
- Expert in Lean / Six Sigma.
- Can demonstrate driving change using LEAN concepts.
- Knowledge of marine industry
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.