Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Team Assistant to join the client facing Project Management team, to work with our yacht owners across the build of their new vessel. The role will be to support the Project Managers across the build process and provide a first-class experience for the owners during the new yacht build process.
Oyster has a worldwide reputation as a leading builder of quality cruising yachts and the successful applicant is likely to have similar or related experience and have knowledge of yachts or worked in the sector.
The Oyster Project Management Team Assistant will need to have a good understanding of yacht production processes and share our passion for excellence in service and quality. This is a significant opportunity for the right candidate and to grow within the team.
General Requirements of the Role
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Project Management team
- Staff client area reception, meet and greet clients
- Attend meetings with Project Managers, including taking minutes and notes
- Prepare and clear meeting rooms before and after client visits
- Written, telephone and face-to-face communications with clients
- Undertake analysis and research relating to options and customisations for Project Managers
- Keep computer and paper records for Project Management documentation up to date
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers confidently in a number of different areas such as masts and rigging, sails, canvas work, upholstery and tenders, as guided by the Project Managers
- Place purchase requisitions and update purchasing records in accordance with the project timeline and cross reference purchase requisitions against quotes and specifications
- Assist the Project Managers with costings and specifications for standard and optional equipment
- Facilitate the completion of handover paperwork for yacht registration, radio licencing, tonnage surveys and MCA commercial compliance
- Provide administrative support for after-sales lists, working with the After-Sales Manager to create bespoke packages for each yacht and the equipment fitted
- Maintain Oyster’s good image with all client contact, advice, handover, warranty and after-sales, both during business and social activities
- Be a valued member of the Oyster Yachts team and to undertake any other duties that may assist the Oyster Group
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail in both written and numerical format
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience in a busy and varied role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software
- Have an understanding of marine systems used on board modern yachts
- Ability to liaise and converse with high net worth individuals
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage own time and work load efficiently
- A pleasant and accommodating manger, as this is a client facing role
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with clients, employees, contractors and extended team.
- Hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times
- Knowledge of the marine industry with experience of yacht production and / or refit
- Higher education in a relevant field (desirable)
- Relevant sailing qualifications (desirable)
- Sailing experience, ideally including modern sailing yachts of 20m+ (desirable)
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]