Oyster Yachts - Southampton or Wroxham
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and proactive individual to join the Procurement team in either Southampton or Wroxham.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the open purchase order book in Oysters Business System and raising Purchase orders in a timely manner.
In this role you will act as the key interface between the supply partner and the relevant functions within Oyster in relation to open purchase orders (not delivered).
The Supply Chain Coordinator will report directly to the Procurement Manager who is based in Southampton.
Main Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Coordinator Role
• Prepare purchase order open order book reports in readiness for issuing to supply partners.
• Issue open order book reports to supply partners.
• Contact / request supply partners for order acknowledgments and check price and delivery information.
• Pre-progressing and expediting of open purchase orders.
• Keep Oysters Business system (Navision) up to date with accurate purchase order information and inform relevant stakeholders of changes to agreed delivery dates and prices.
• Escalate internally continued poor supplier delivery performance to relevant commodity buyer.
• Raise purchase orders in Oyster’s business system and issue to supply partners.
Other General Requirements
• Maintain Delivery performance KPI’s.
• Coordinate and follow up with commodity buyers, supplier non-conformances (NCR’s) to Oyster delivery standards.
• Proficient user of Microsoft office tools including Word and Excel.
• Experience using ERP and MRP
• Good understanding of end to end supply chain best practices.
• Time oriented individual with exceptional attention to detail.
• Methodical, analytical and process driven.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of local and remote stakeholders
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and maintain professionalism and composure while working to tight deadlines.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Knowledge of marine industry.
• Experience using WMS.
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]
Be the first to hear about new launches, exclusive events and all things Oyster.