Oyster is a renowned British boat builder that has been building the world’s finest bluewater sailing yachts since 1973. Today we are experiencing strong demand and growth, which means a bright future for our people, and a need for more to join us on the journey.
From 50 to 125 foot, our yachts are hand-crafted from exceptional materials by the industry’s most skilled craftsmen and women. Oyster owners have sailed over 20 million bluewater miles and 90 circumnavigations of the globe in safety, comfort and luxury.
We are hiring a Social Media Manager to join the marketing team and to engage our growing community of followers. They will be responsible for the day to day social media activity across all our social media channels, along with performance and overall social strategy. This role will report into the Marketing Director and will be accountable for the growth of social community, their engagement and awareness of our brand, products and services
This is an exciting opportunity to innovate in this space, work within a dynamic marketing team and for a prestigious luxury brand.
Join us to build the world’s finest bluewater sailing yachts, a fulfilling career, and a great British business.
- Oyster’s international paid, owned and earned social media strategy to maintain the growth of our engaged social community and always on social conversation.
- Planning of the social content calendar, the timely gearing of posts, seasonal strategies, campaigns and coordination of annual, monthly and weekly amplification plans
- Content creation of on-brand, socially optimised content and assets to support marketing activity, from campaign content through to day to day news and announcements
- Day to day community management and engagement
- Coordination, planning and management of internal social champion content creators to deliver timely and strategically relevant content for social amplification plans
- Monthly social media performance reporting (community engagement, sentiment and ROI) against KPIs, identifying insights to inform the growth of Oyster’s community and following
- Expert social advice and support across all marketing activations
- Experience in a similar role and luxury brand
- Highly knowledgeable in the principles, all aspects of social media and what each channel can deliver
- Excellent technical understanding and ability to engage new social tools quickly and effectively
- Ability to increase social following and drive unique visitors to the website
- Experience, understanding and passion for sailing
- Brilliant writing skills, capable of working to brand and tone of voice guidelines, with excellent attention to detail, accuracy of grammar and spelling
- Extremely organised with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and effectively prioritise in order to meet tight deadlines.
- A natural communicator, able to collaborate, build and maintain good relationships across all cultures and disciplines
- Capable of confidently interacting and presenting to a range of audiences including senior management
- A collaborator, showcasing energy, passion, resilience and credibility – no problem too big to solve and not afraid to think out of the box.
- Commercially astute, able to apply analytical and critical thinking to their work
- Ability to work independently and meet objectives
- Good knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Hubspot, Google Analytics and Sprout.
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that duties will change to reflect organisational change, therefore it is essential that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at [email protected]