Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, Oyster Yachts pride themselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do.Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, Oyster Yachts has an enthralling opportunity and is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to join the team.
Location: Southampton or Central London
Salary: Competitive Plus Company Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: 40 hours per week - Mon to Fri
To develop and drive an industry leading international social marketing strategy that results in an uplift in new boat, brokerage and charter sales. The Manager will plan and execute all social marketing activity including promotional strategy and content generation.
- Support the Marketing Director in planning, development and implementation of all of Oyster Yachts social marketing strategies and social marketing communications.
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the Oyster’s target customers
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written)
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions
- Develop and expand community and influencer outreach efforts
- Oversee design (i.e. Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI)
- Become an advocate for Oyster in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics
- Develop organisational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective
- Identify opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company
- Aalyse campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
The Ideal Social Media Manager:
- Highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for sailing or outdoor sporting pursuits
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience
- Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples)
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application
- Experience in sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Exhibit the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off
- Practices superior time management
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management)
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience of curating premium brand social channels
- Knowledge and passion for the marine industry
- Experience of using Adobe Photoshop / InDesign or other editing packages
- Experience and interest in personally capturing content
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Social Media Manager to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay along with company benefits.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview. Please send your CV to [email protected]