Full time – 40 hours per week
The Recruitment Specialist will be based at Southampton and report to the Group Head of HR.
Purpose of Role
This position is the recruitment lead/specialist for the Oyster Group. The primary focus of the role is to hire skilled trades for the Production function to ensure current and future resourcing requirements are met. The position will also cover non-production roles and be the subject matter expert on all resourcing and recruitment and selection for Oyster Group.
Business and Scope of Role
Oyster has a worldwide reputation as a leading builder of quality cruising yachts and has a global footprint through its sales, offices and activities. The Company produces yachts from its UK sites, in Southampton and Norfolk and has support offices in Palma Mallorca and the US. Oyster provides full life support with refit, after sales and technical support together with new and used yacht sales.
- Lead on all the recruitment and selection processes in conjunction with the respective hiring managers. This covers job design/job description drafting, authorisation to hire, advertisement/recruitment campaigns, advising on selection tools and methods and creation of offers/contracts of employment and through to onboarding.
- Identification of suitable recruitment channels fitting with role type i.e. traditional advertising, web searches, social media posting, etc. and expediate to source strong candidate pool.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with the internal key stakeholders, Production management, Executive Team and other support functions.
- Drive weekly reporting on recruitment activity to be presented to Executive Team, to include hire rate against planned resourcing, run rate (starters versus leavers), candidate funnel and predictions on future hires.
- Proactively source market intelligence on competitors, recruitment market conditions and trends to aid Oyster to adapt and compete.
- Track and monitor key recruitment activity data to enable and enhance current and future recruitment campaigns.
- Full utilisation of the HR Information Systems, namely Zoho Recruit (vacancy and candidate management system) and Bodet (HRIS/time and attendance system).
- Management of all recruitment agency relationships, establishing competitive terms and conditions, leverage on the service they offer and network they have.
- Active external networking to promote Oyster as an employer, establish credible recruitment leads and acquire useful market information.
- Development and implementation of further usage and functionality of the e-recruitment platform Zoho Recruit.
- Drive process improvement to recruitment processes and wider HR activities to enhance the service to the business.
- Work collaboratively with the wider HR team to support with additional activities when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Extensive recruitment and selection experience either in-house working for a SME or within a recruitment agency environment.
- Proven experience of agency relationship management including review, negotiation on rates and agreement of terms and conditions.
- Recruitment experience within the marine sector or similar industry.
- Experience of using and developing an in-house recruitment system.
- Established background in using social media platforms for search, attraction and end to end recruitment activity.
- Good understanding and practical working knowledge of formation of offer letters and contracts of employment.
- Experience attending and exhibiting at networking events.
- Experience of candidate management from introduction/interview stage through to onboarding and beyond.
- Strong IT skills in particular practical experience of Microsoft Office tools i.e. Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Data analysis skills using Excel and PowerPoint to present recruitment statistics to Senior Management/Board level.
- Experience of employer branding and external marketing would be advantageous (used of Canva etc)
- Adaptable/flexible to changing business needs.
- Thrives in a busy and pressured environment.
- Hands on and practical approach.
- Commercially minded – adapting resourcing requirements to support delivery of business goals.
- Driven and goal orientated.
- Persuasive and resilient.
- Integrity and honest approach in all activities.
- Travel to other UK sites.
- Full UK Driving license.
job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]