Oyster Yachts - Southampton
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
This position reports to the Head of IT with dotted line into Head of Design. This post is based at Southampton and will be responsible for the support, on-going success and continuous improvement of the Engineering Design System and or services in the Digital Engineering space. The focus of this role is to provide technical support to our Teamcenter, NX user base, solution partners, and internal professional service teams.
Principle Job Responsibilities
• Provide subject matter expert support to the userbase on our PLM service help desk for Teamcenter and NX.
• Be responsible for diagnosing and following through to resolution any problems, escalating to team members or other teams and vendors when required.
• Work closely with the engineering and IT department heads and present ideas to improve the future capabilities/functionality of Teamcenter.
• Support other CAD tools such as AutoCAD, AlphaCam and Rhino3D
• Manage licensing for all CAD software.
• Day to day admin of Teamcenter and NX and management of updates.
• Provide training to the user base when required.
• Standardise CAD Usage and implement best practices.
• Automate/Streamline Labour intensive tasks e.g. the drawing release process.
• Provide Technical consultancy where required in the development and implementation of additional or new systems.
• Installation, configuration, and Deployment of Engineering focused applications.
• To maintain technical skills to allow us to benefit from new and emerging technologies in order to make supportive decisions
• Build relationships with teams to enable better support and communications.
• Manage the relationship between the NX support vendor and Oyster Yachts.
• Opportunity to spend percentage of time designing if desired.
• Travel to other UK sites when required.
• Teamcenter NX experience as an architect, consultant, support engineer, developer, or system administrator is essential for this role.
• Working knowledge of operating systems, databases (Oracle/MS SQL), and PLM software
• Any experience of 3d design is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of network and communication technology is desired.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, AlphaCam and Catia is desired but not essential.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Takes initiative, team player, adaptive
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]
Sign up to our newsletter
Be the first to hear about new launches, exclusive events and all things Oyster
Introducing the new 50 foot bluewater benchmark, designed to offer a stunning combination of performance, comfort and contemporary style with seamanlike qualities in equal measure.FEATURES
Heralding a new generation of Oysters, this 60 foot bluewater cruiser is a sailing yacht for all oceans. Practical and well-provisioned for long distance sailing, she is equally happy cruising in coastal waters.FEATURES
The much-anticipated Oyster 595 is well-proportioned and extremely versatile. Offering exciting, customised build options with no compromise, she is capable of great things.FEATURES
A versatile sub-70 foot sailboat offering the perfect balance of size and practicality. She can be sailed shorthanded effortlessly or take a full crew and up to eight friends and family.FEATURES
This long range 75 foot cruising yacht is designed for very big adventures. A joy to sail yourself, she also boasts dedicated crew quarters.
An exhilarating 90 foot sailing yacht, delivering comfort and safety with uncompromising performance. She is capable of taking you anywhere in the world effortlessly, in luxury and style.FEATURES