The Laminating Team Leader will report to the Head of Oyster Composites Technology (OCT), who is based at Ashmanhaugh, Norwich. This post is based at our laminating and moulding facility in Ashmanhaugh.
Principle Job Responsibilities
The Laminating Team Leader is responsible for assisting the Master Craftspeople and Head of OCT to ensure the smooth running of the laminating teams’ work schedule. The post holder will lead the team of employees and ensure that the laminating work is carried out to the required Oyster standard.
General Requirements of the Role
The Laminating Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture with no exceptions, must be a consistent and sustained in your approach.
- Ensuring the laminating tasks are is organised on a day to day basis inclusive of planning material usage.
- Controlling laminating projects so they remain on time in full vs allocated budget hours, track progress daily against the task lists and report any deviation from the budget hours.
- Providing suggestions for a catch back plan if the schedule were to slip.
- Attending production meetings whilst working closely with the Design/Procurement departments to ensure the smooth running of the workshop.
- Complying with and lead the laminating team in accordance with Oyster’s policy and procedures, predominantly in relation to Code of Conduct, H&S, Quality and Performance Management and Development.
- Decision making and leading by example as well as creating and maintaining a positive “can do” attitude.
- Working closely with the Head of OCT to carry out employee development and performance management activities.
- Improving productivity and quality, encouraging ideas from the team as well as communicating the progress of such improvements.
- Monitoring and assisting with Apprentices’ training and development and report to the Head of giving updates on their progress.
- Robust laminating knowledge and hands on experience
- Excellent communication skills as well as ability to be self-motivated to keep up to date with new technologies
- Proven track record of motivating and developing others
- Experience of directing and motivating a team in a fast-paced facility
- Previous experience of working with Oyster Yachts
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.