Reporting into the Design Team Leader based at Southampton, the Joinery Designer will be responsible for internal joinery production design for yachts at Southampton.
Principle Job Responsibilities
The role holder will be a key member of the design team producing and providing detailed joinery designs for our production team. They will strive to continuously improve the joinery design procedures and help increase overall joinery design efficiency.
General Requirements of the Role
- Responsible for producing detailed boat joinery and engineering models/drawings for use across the Southampton and Wroxham production yards
- Have an understanding of the CNC process
- Responsible for producing detailed technical drawings to enable the production yards and external contractors to efficiently produce yachts
- Have an understanding of marine systems used within yachts
- Occasional travel between yards and manufacturing sites
- Manage design aspects of external supply chain in conjunction with Project Managers
- Manage your workload; ensuring that brief is understood, work is efficient and output complies with standards, is on time, on budget and fulfils the brief
- Undertake any other duties that may assist the Engineering department and Oyster Yachts LTD.
- Able to work with 2D and 3D CAD software including V5 CATIA and Siemens NX
- Knowledge of joinery production techniques and processes
- Design & understanding of CNC process
- Able to create parts lists and BOM lists
- Ability to create and update detailed drawings
- Liaise with Production to close off DCR’s
- Proven track record of working with a team of designers and project managers
- Experience within a similar role for at least 2 years
- Previous experience within a Naval architecture background
- Design or practical experience in the yachting sector
- Knowledge and practical manufacturing experience
- Good communication skills, eager to learn and help improve processes
- Attention to detail, discipline to work to a set structure, good time management
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]