Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 91 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do.
We have a great opportunity for a highly experienced HR Advisor.
Full time – 40 hours per week
The HR Advisor will report direct to the Group Head of HR. They will work from the Wroxham Norfolk site. There will be travel to other sites within the UK.
Main Purpose of Role
The HR Advisor will partner the Head of Production and the management team at Wroxham and Ashmanhaugh. The role will manage and coordinate the full employee life cycle and be the first point of contact for all HR matters at the respective sites.
Business and Scope of Role
Oyster has a worldwide reputation as a leading builder of quality cruising yachts and has a global footprint through its sales, offices and activities. The Company produces yachts from its UK sites, in Southampton and Norfolk and has support offices in Palma Mallorca and the US. Oyster provides full life support with refit, after sales and technical support together with new and used yacht sales.
The Wroxham facility produces the yacht series 565, 595 and 675. Ashmanhaugh site specialises in the laminating process and composite technology. Employee headcount is 180 Wroxham and 40 Ashmanhaugh.
· Partner the Head of Production and the management team at Wroxham and Ashmanhaugh providing a proactive HR service.
· Lead on all the recruitment and selection processes in conjunction with the respective hiring managers. This covers job design/job description drafting, authorisation to hire, advertisement/recruitment campaigns, advising on selection tools and methods and creation of offers/contracts of employment and through to onboarding.
· Guide and coach management on all employee relations matters ranging from probation periods, absence, performance management and employee conduct.
· Comprehensive employee relations case management acting as the conduit between employee and manager ensuring adherence to policy and applicable legislation.
· Review, refresh and create policies, procedures and processes in line with legislation and in tune with best practice and to ensure operational effectiveness.
· Full utilisation of the HR Information Systems, namely Bodet (HRIS/time and attendance system) and Zoho Recruit (vacancy and candidate management system).
· Conducting Exit Interviews with leavers, collating feedback and shaping themes and an action plan to tackle preventable leavers in the future.
· HR reporting on key people metrics such as recruitment statistics, turnover and absence.
· Drive process improvement in the HR department to enhance the service to the business and reduce timely manual processes.
· Update and maintain accurate employee records in accordance with legal requirements and best practice.
· Lead HR project specific to the sites, HR agenda and overall business strategy.
· Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with all members of the HR Team, other support functions and Production leads.
· Manage and coordinate health surveillance and well-being initiatives.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Qualifications
· CIPD preferrable fully qualified.
· Strong working knowledge and understanding of employment law and legislation and HR best practice.
· Experience of working in engineering/manufacturing business.
· Proven experience of supporting a workforce with combination highly skilled trades (hourly paid labour) and support functions (salaried staff).
· Experience in a standalone role and or working remotely.
· Extensive employee relations case management both informally and formally through to dismissal.
· Demonstrable experience of leading end to end recruitment and selection processes.
· Proven experience of HRIS and or recruitment systems and reporting from such systems.
· Adaptable/flexible to changing business needs
· Commercially minded – fitting HR practices around and in support of the delivery of business goals
· Persuasive and resilient
· Compassionate and discrete
· Ability to travel to other sites Wroxham, Ashmanhaugh and Ipswich and on occasions Southampton ‘Head Office’
· Full UK Driving license
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at [email protected]
Be the first to hear about new launches, exclusive events and all things Oyster.