Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced manager with a proven track record in production management. The successful candidate will be joining at an exciting time in the company’s development and take a lead role producing the finest blue water cruising yachts in the world.
Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for managing and leading a dedicated production facility in Wroxham. The facility produces the yacht series 565, 595 and 675 with up to 140 FTEs.
The site manager will be responsible for the 565, 595 and the 675-build programmes.
As manager at the site you will maintain and monitor the production targets at the site, as well as setting the standards for quality and an effective production process.
- Full site responsibility for Health, Safety and Environment at the site working with the Group HSE manager and lead site wide safety risk assessments
- Align production operations with all Health and Safety policies, with responsibility for ensuring these are adhered to by our employees and any visitors to protect their safety
- Monitor site wide compliance with policies and PPE and establish processes to identify failures and address the causes
- Lead quality control processes and ensure that the facility is run to highest quality standards and to Lloyds accredited build standards and materials
- Lead project scheduling and set takt times to meet annual volumes
- Allocation of manpower to yachts in build in order to meet delivery schedules and avoid bottlenecks
- Control operational costs at the site, with full commercial responsibility for costs at the site to include inter alia hours build vs budget, control of overtime hours to budget, consumable spend vs budget, lost time and scrapped materials monitored and time incurred appropriately charged
- Continually challenge cost targets to produce improvement plans with feedback to the design team changes and ideas to reduce the overall cost / build cycle time of each model, this should include material selection
- Control of any assets on site and appropriate repair or service requirements
- Deliver projects on time in full whilst keeping to production hours targets and quality standards.
- Manufacturing within the facility must be maintained to world class standards by utilisation of 5S principles and lean manufacturing techniques, leading on 5s improvement activities
- Maintain morale and a team working ethic. Set, communicate and review performance plans for direct reports and instil a culture of development of staff
- Work closely with Group Supply Chain to ensure that BOM delivery requirements (all materials) are scheduled and planned and communicated to the commodity buyer / materials planner. Work closely with other departments (such as design) and ensure any issues are promptly resolved
- Proven track record in manufacturing, financial, project and production management
- Previously held a leadership position of supervising teams at an operational level
- Experience of leading and developing teams; bringing energy to a team and be a team player
- Ability to work to key milestones and tight deadlines, to meet customer requirements
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- Robust planning and time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Resilient problem solver
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proven track record in delivering against KIPs, specifically, output, quality and on time delivery
- Ability to influence and collaborate across sites and functions
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of the cost, quality and delivery requirements of each boat
- Self-motivated with ability to manage suppliers and contractor effectively and professionally across several sites
- Excellent communication skills with the extended team, staff and suppliers alike
- Good computer skills such as MS project, word and Excel
- Experience of the marine industry technology
- Experience of setting up a new facility/ operational production line
- Degree in Manufacturing, Production, Operations Management or similar
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]