Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges through leading and influencing?
If so, we have a great opportunity for a highly experienced, proven leader, to work as Group H&S, Facilities and Environment Manager.
- Full time – 40 hours per week
- Primary Location: All Oyster Sites Considered (Site based with frequent travel across all sites: Southampton, Wroxham, Ashmanhaugh, Ipswich and Palma)
The role holder will report directly to the Board but day to day management of the role will sit with the Head of Group Operations.
This strategic role will lead, inspire and shape the direction for our business on all Health and Safety and Environment legislative and regulatory compliance matters whilst providing a clear direction for maintaining and improving the busy manufacturing facilities at Oyster.
The role holder will advise the Senior Management Team and lead the organisation by maintaining a clear HS&E framework; promoting and embodying a positive safety culture across all areas and aspects of the business by providing policy, procedures, training and audits.
- Ensuring the successful implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment strategy across all sites of Oyster.
- Implementing a robust and sustainable health and safety management system which is aligned to industry standards
- Directing the business on all HS&E, legislative and regulatory compliance matters and chair meetings with operational teams to ensure our yards meet exceptional Health & Safety and Environment standards
- Building relationships with the operational teams to understand compliance challenges and through your team, proactively provide solutions to these challenges
- Ensuring all Health and Safety policy and procedures are kept up to date
- Maintaining a health and safety risk register while understanding the importance of insurance and how it impacts on risk management across the organisation
- Ensuring critical working practices such as processes for major events are understood and followed by employees and contractors
- Taking responsibility for the annual training plan for H&S, identifying training needs at all levels in the organisation and contributing to the development and delivery of training
- Managing the HS&E budget and overseeing all HS&E data, record keeping and reporting at HS&E committee meetings
- Working in partnership with Human Resources on work assessments and wellbeing initiatives.
- To drive the business to achieve and maintain ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 international standards for occupational health, safety, environment and quality.
- Ensure building maintenance, repair and service work (including that undertaken by contractors) is completed on time and to the highest standards, adhering to relevant regulations and with due regard to health and safety.
- Manage Facility related projects that will include assistance with jigs, fixtures, working areas and new part introduction, plant layout and configuration as necessary
- Contract management for site control and the ability to manage the contract cost by site. Including evaluation of factory facilities with regard to new or alternative premises.
- Service and repair of key equipment - encompassing cranes and lifting equipment, heating, fire and intruder alarms, compressor and vehicles as well as Site (building) maintenance including all doors, lighting, electrical and decoration.
- Maintain a schedule of service and inspection requirements on an ongoing basis and present all records in an easily accessible format for review as required.
- Manage all service contracts of specialist supply partners for cleaning, general and confidential waste, Front of House
- Ensure documentation including maintenance and service records are in place and accurately maintained
The Person (Essential):
- NVQ Level 6 or diploma level
- General Certificate Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH), NEBOSH or holds BSC Professional health and safety membership
- Experience of working with ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standards
- Experience of working in a multi-site setting in a Manufacturing business
- Strong networking and influencing skills with experience of managing key stakeholders throughout a group and externally
- Excellent HSE Auditing skills
- Have strong business acumen, coupled with a drive to coach and develop others
- Be a developer of systems and procedures to ensure business expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Ability to work autonomously and drive the business with a clear direction of their remit
- Methodical approach with high regard to Health and Safety and procedures to ensure business expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Full and Current EU Drivers Licence
The Person (Desirable):
- Knowledge of the marine industry and passion for Oyster Yachts
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at [email protected]