Oyster Yachts - Southampton, Wroxham or Ipswich
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
This role will be based on one of our UK sites (Southampton, Wroxham, Ipswich, Ashmanhaugh) and will be responsible for supporting the Oyster Events Team to organise and deliver the smooth running and enjoyable events for all participants.
The Events Co-ordinator will report to the Head of Group Events and assist all members of the Events Team.
Permanent Full time (40 hrs / week) and flexible hours due to global time differences during the Oyster World Rally and other overseas events. UK based until December 2021 then be required to rotate between working overseas and at agreed Oyster base for several months until the end of the Oyster World Rally in April 2023.
Principle Job Responsibilities – Oyster World Rally
To make all necessary plans and preparations that will ensure that every stage of the rally runs smoothly, and all participants enjoy themselves.
• Connect with all Oyster World Rally contacts in all destinations updating them on current plans, schedulesand maintaining communication as necessary until the event finishes.
• Ensure delivery of effective training courses, seminars, and practical workshops for participants.
• Verify that information in the Rally Guide is correct with respect to formalities, customs procedures etc,particularly with extended stays in some locations. Update the Rally Guide as necessary.
• Carry out research into new rally destinations and organise itineraries for research trips.
• Organise preliminary party planning for all locations. Liaise with local tourist authorities to get support forlocal events.
• Work within budgetary limits set and providing reports on expenditure as required
• Arrange agent support in various locations as required.
To ensure that every stage of the rally runs smoothly and all participants enjoy themselves.
The aim is to make it easy as possible for each yacht to clear customs in each stopover, have supporting guidance on local issues, tourism, events, and sight-seeing/exploring generally.
• To be at each of the identified stopovers ahead of the first arrival and to leave for the next venue only afterall yachts have either left or determined their plans.
• Welcome fleet to each destination and assist with berthing where necessary
• Liaise with marinas/yacht clubs/agents for berthing where necessary
• Arrange events/parties at each destination
• Liaise with customs/immigration/quarantine to ensure smooth entry/departure for fleet in each location
• Assist with obtaining cruising permits/visas/other formalities where necessary
• Assist with crew change formalities
• Assist fleet with communications /SIM cards/Wi-Fi
• Maintain contacts in all destinations to ensure smooth arrivals
• Order fuel/plan bunkering where necessary
• Pre-planning of provisioning in remote locations
• Liaise with tourism authorities/businesses to allow maximum info to participants at each destination
• Update on plans for destination briefings to participants
• Arrange fleet SSB schedules
• Liaise with shipping agents for receipt and clearance of spares from UK
• Liaise with photographers and yachting media to ensure that Oyster have good coverage of the event
Other General Requirements
• Effectively communicate with Rally participants afloat and ashore during the rally.
• Investigate travel and accommodation options for Ocean World Rally staff
• Keep up to date records of contacts in each stop-over
• Ensure Rally Guide is updated after each stopover
• Ensure a comprehensive photographic record of each stop-over
• Work as a valued member of the Oyster World Rally team and undertake any other duties that may assist the Oyster Events team including Oyster Palma and Antigua Regattas, Oyster Rendezvous, Mediterranean Rally and other events as required.
• Be able to travel overseas and be comfortable doing so for up to 4 months at a time
• Have a can-do, pro-active attitude
• To be hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times
• Be personally well organized, flexible and able to handle multiple issues at one time
• Have experience working in a busy and varied role
• Have robust planning and organisational skills
• Can work under pressure, to deadlines and changing priorities
• Have excellent influencing skills
• Be a resilient problem solver
• Can bring energy to the team
• Be an excellent clear communicator and organiser, with great attention to detail
• Have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Be a valued member of the Oyster Events team and undertake any other duties that may assist the department, Oyster Yachts or the Oyster Group
• Knowledge and passion of the marine industry
• Experience of event management
• Sailing knowledge an advantage
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]
Be the first to hear about new launches, exclusive events and all things Oyster.