Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Commodity Buyer.
The Commodity Buyer will report to the Senior Commodity Buyer, who is based at Southampton or Wroxham. This post can be based at Southampton or Wroxham and will be responsible for all Oyster Yachts material and service purchases within the assigned commodities.
Principle Job Responsibilities
To manage a portfolio of supplied materials and services in the form of a commodity for all Oyster premises. To successfully manage and develop supply partners to meet Quality, Cost, Delivery and Technical support for the business.
General Requirements of the Role
- For the given commodity ensure Oyster yachts supply partners are legally and morally compliant and operate ethically at all times.
- Identify risk profiles and support risk mitigation where appropriate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Own and manage the commercial relationship with supply partners, ensuring commercial agreements are in place with strategic and preferred partners.
- Ensure materials and services are being purchased in line with business requirements at the lowest total cost of ownership through regularly running the RFQ process and supporting the make v buy analysis.
- Overall responsibility for the performance management of supply partners within the designated commodities, ensure SLA’s are in place and quality and delivery expectations are being met.
- Working closely with the wider business, proposing and setting the strategic direction for the given commodity.
- Work with supply partners and the wider business to identify opportunities for improvements, support in the innovation, design and specification of materials.
- Provide market intelligent (innovation, trends, acquisitions, raw materials, exchange rates etc.) for the given commodity to support and aid business planning and decision making.
- Provide forecast spend for the given commodity
Other General Requirements
- To be the business focal point and subject expert for given commodities.
- Carry out regular business reviews and quality audits with supply partners.
- Responsible for maintaining the end to end material life cycle management, ensuring the system accurately represents the current status.
- Set-up / negotiate sale or return agreements for materials and supporting the excess stock disposal process.
- Responsible for the system accuracy and integrity of all the supplier and product information, such as cost price, lead time, MOQ’s, Images, audits, contracts and agreements etc.
- Support the setting up of new materials ensuring all mandatory data is available and accessible.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled at maintaining core procurement processes.
- Able to work within defined commodity strategies and implement framework agreements
- Ability to build strong robust relationships
- Influence at all levels
- Experienced negotiator
- High levels of business acumen and commercial awareness
- Comfortable operating at booth strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to generate and interpret data views in support of commodity strategies and procurement decisions
- High levels of attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of marine industry.
- Experience of ERP & MRP
- Project Management
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]