Oyster Yachts - Hythe
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and proactive individual to join the Production team in Hythe.
Oyster has a worldwide reputation as a leading builder of quality cruising yachts and the successful applicant is likely to have similar or related experience and have knowledge of yachts or worked in the sector.
As the Boatbuilder Department Manager, you will manage the Boatbuilding department (Internal and External construction tasks) and the Laminating department of our luxury cruising yachts to the Oyster standard.
The Boatbuilder Department Manager will report directly to the Head of Production and will be responsible for
Boat Builder and Laminating Team Leaders.
Main Responsibilities of the Boatbuilder Department Manager Role
• To be responsible for the day to day running of the departments listed above.
• Managing and reporting on KPI’s
• To work closely with the Design team and all Fit Out Departments.
• To ensure tasks are installed to the issued drawings and Master Work List.
• To ensure tasks are installed to the correct standard of quality.
• To proactively liaise with all departments to carry out work to required quality standards and timelines, especially the Design and Project Departments.
• To be responsible for initiating orders and working with suppliers and checking received deliveries.
• To be responsible for health and safety and for communicating information back to the H&S Manager.
• To plan tasks and resources with the Head of Production on a regular basis.
• To keep up to date with new technologies.
• Department assessments and employee performance reviews including probation and performance management
• To be responsible for all personal and professional development
• Any other ad hoc duties as required
• Relevant C&G Qualifications or equivalent
• Robust boatbuilding construction knowledge
• Previous experience in the marine industry working with timber/GRP boats.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven track record of motivating and developing others
• Experience of managing a department
• Understanding of Oyster yachts
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the HR team at [email protected]
Be the first to hear about new launches, exclusive events and all things Oyster.